CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.04.2010

Sometimes....

Today: 
  Sometimes we do things that just make no sense.  We think things that are irrational, and we follow dreams that just never seem to become reality.  There is a small part of me that often chases dreams but, I have been fortunate enough to make some of them my reality.  I guess that is why I am feeling a little stressed today.  There are times where your dreams are exploited and taken away.  Then you need to decide if you should try to remain peaceful, or just let them go for the good of what you are trying to create.  Another time, I would have let it go.  This time is different because, there is hope.  When you have hope nothing is really lost, or is it?  Now the only question that remains is, "Do you really understand what was lost?"
  Spring is here with a slight chill to the air tonight.  The past two days crept slowly by with the sun shining down, a raging fire, and some hooping with the Phamily.  The music has been great lately, with no signs of slowing down.  I am feeling a twinge of regret for not making it to Soulive last night, or Boombox tonight at the Westcott Theater but, sometimes you need to just appreciate just breathing the air.  Surrounding yourself with good friends, and a laugh shared among equals can be the right medicine for a clouded perspective.  I prefer spinning vinyl these days instead of my mind.  The world seems to make so much more sense to me today.  For that I am eternally grateful.


03-26-10

Jatoba The Perfect Wife Manchester, VT :
   Going back to Vermont this past weekend to see the Jatoba boys was again something I desperately needed to do.  There is a feeling of coming home every time I reach the top of Hogback heading into Brattleboro.  This is sacred time, time to share memories and stories with the road family.  This time it was my turn to travel north again, and I didn't mind much.  I miss the people there and love how every time I visit someone tells me I should stay.  The show on Friday was good.  Not the best, but still a time to re-connect on projects and plan for the future.  There was weak drinks, and much dancing.   The second set caught my attention a little more now, thinking to myself how far the boys have come.  I could not help but feel a sense of pride.  They have earned their place in the scene on their own talents.  I am just there to help them on their journey.  I am glad that I have been able to watch them grow.

03-27-10

Hot Day at the Zoo and Moe./ Snoe. Down 2010 Killington, VT:
 The Snoe. Down scene was epic.  The sun shining down on the mountain and people wiping out on the half-pipe .  Hot Day at the Zoo played a raging set comparative to their latest effort Zoograss.  I have never been a huge fan of Moe. personally but, they can be interesting.  I do like their music.  I do appreciate their impeccable sense of timing and sometimes flawless jams.  The afternoon set on Bear Mountain was tight, fearless, and the perfect thing to fit the adventure.  This particular weekend perhaps it was more fun then we thought it would be.

  There is something to be said for a condo full of crazy people after a beautiful day of music that has magical powers.  It could have been the beards (who claimed to be wizards.) I guess you never can tell.  We quickly changed our plans to attend Keller Williams in Burlington that night and we opted to stay in the mountains and get down.  There is something that can be said for our after hours shenanigans.  I am not sure what it is about it.  It could be the faded look everyone gets in the wee hours of morning, or the seemingly endless hours of laughter that comes every time.  This is where people become a little closer.  Where you meet strangers and leave as friends.  I think this is truly where you can learn to let it all go and just exist, if you embrace it.  I am not sure what else I can say about it.  Jon was right, "It was all fun and games until Jed broke the coffee pot."  

0 comments: